Keeping you up to date with the latest Crashmate news and industry news regarding health and safety for motorists.
During Road Safety Week we are campaigning “Drive Less, Live More” – however we do understand that it won’t be possible for all of us to participate. Here at Crashmate we would like to give you some tips to keep safe on the road when driving.
1. Anticipate hazards – Be aware of bends, blind spots, dips and hidden cars.
2. Slow down when approaching a junction – take your time to look left-right-left before moving on.
3. Take frequent breaks – if driving for a long period of time be sure to stop at service stations to help remain alert.
4. Take care when overtaking – Always check your mirrors before and after overtaking and remember to take extra care when overtaking cyclists/ pedestrians or horse riders.
5. Do not use your mobile/ any devices whilst driving – there are enough hazards whilst driving, there is no excuse to distract yourself by answering a phonecall.
6. When road conditions are compromised slow down – whether it is rain, snow or fog, increase your stopping distance to allow for loss of visibility.
7. Do not exceed speed limits – remember speed limits are absolute maximum – not the average speed to be reached
8. If being tailgated, do not feel pressurised to speed up – Tailgating is extremely dangerous; combining this with high speeds could cause a dangerous collision when braking.
Please do all you can, not only this week but throughout the year to stay safe on the road.
I bought a Crashmate kit for my daughter after she passed her driving test; we wanted to make sure she could look after herself if ever she was involved in an accident. I've been in an accident before and I know how shook up you can be and we want to make sure she can handle herself and knows the right things to ask for.
All of our drivers' have Crashmate kits as standard, our regulations mean that we have to provide on-the-scene driver support and we believe these kits do just that. We opted for the personalised kits so our drivers have the contact names and numbers of duty managers to make reporting these incidents easier.
Having used Crashmate kits for over 8 years as an after-sales gift to our customers, we continue to be impressed by the level of service from such a helpful team. They're always able to help guide us as to what to put on our kits to make sure we communicate effectively with our customers and still keep the safety messages required.